- 4 cups water
- 1 bunch fresh mint (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange blossom water or 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- Optional: Orange slices and additional fresh mint
- Place water and mint in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or until heated through. Strain mixture; discard mint.
- Whisk in sugar until dissolved. Cut the orange crosswise in half; squeeze juice from the orange. Stir in juice and orange blossom water. Transfer to a pitcher. Refrigerate until cold, 4-6 hours. Serve over ice, with orange slices and additional mint if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
- Orange blossom water, also called orange flower water, can be found at most specialty grocery stores or spice shops.
- Using orange extract instead of orange blossom will add a hint of orange flavour, while blossom water adds a unique floral note.